Specialist Beauty Designs LTD
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
2020 / 2021
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement relates to actions and activities during the financial year 2019 / 2020.
The statement sets down Specialist Beauty Designs Limited commitment to preventing slavery and human trafficking in our business activities and the steps we have put in place with the aim of ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in our own business and supply chains. We all have a duty to be alert to risks, however small. Staff are expected to report their concerns and management to act upon them.
Organisational structure and supply chains
This statement covers the business activities of Specialist Beauty Designs LTD which are as follows:
We do not carry out activities considered to be a high risk of modern slavery or human trafficking.
Responsibility for the Company’s anti-slavery initiatives is as follows:
- Policies: The HR Manager is responsible for creating and reviewing policies. The process by which policies are developed is based on best practice and continually reviewing for improvement.
- Risk assessments: The Designated Safety Lead is responsible for risk assessments in respect of human rights and modern by a process of conducting annual risk assessments along with additional spot checks.
- Due diligence: The SMT in Head Office are responsible for due diligence in relation to known or suspected instances of modern slavery and human trafficking.
To ensure a good understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our business and supply chains, the Company requires all staff to complete annual training.
The Company is committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our business or our supply chains. This Statement affirms its intention to act ethically in our business relationships.
The following policies set down our approach to the identification of modern slavery risks and steps to be taken to prevent slavery and human trafficking in our operations:
- Whistleblowing policy – the Company encourages all its workers, customers, and other business partners to report any concerns related to its direct activities or its supply chains.
- Code of Conduct – The Code of Conduct sets down the actions and behaviour expected of employees when representing the Company.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy – The Company’s CSR policy summarizes how we manage our environmental impacts and] how we work responsibly with suppliers and local communities.
- Due Diligence Processes for Slavery and Human Trafficking
The Company undertakes due diligence when considering taking on new suppliers, and regularly reviews its existing suppliers. The Company’s due diligence process includes initial checks to become an approved supplier then regular reviews making it clear our expectations of business partners and invoking sanctions against suppliers that fail to improve their performance in line with an action plan provided by us, including the termination of the business relationship.
The Company uses the following key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure how effective we are in ensuring slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains including regular reviews and spot checks and ensuring staff are adequately trained.
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement will be regularly reviewed and updated, as necessary. The Board of Directors endorses this policy statement and is fully committed to its implementation.
This Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement has been approved and authorized by: